Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to producing a season of contemporary plays and musicals as broad and diverse as New York itself, seeks an Education Programs Manager reporting to the Director of Education.
- Coordination and oversight of MTC’s Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program (Internship Program)
- Work as a member of our Diversity Committee with external partners to ensure the attraction and engagement of a talented and diverse intern class.
- Administration and oversight of TheatreLink, MTC Education’s distance-learning program
- Administration and oversight of the Family Matinee program
- Administration and oversight of adult education programs including the Patron/Subscriber Workshops and Curtain Calls
- With the Assistant Director of Education, supervision of the department’s intern
- With support from the Assistant Director of Education, editorial oversight of the Education Annual Report
- With the Assistant Director of Education, process weekly teaching artist payroll
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Candidates must be capable of thinking creatively while managing numerous, critical details of multiple projects at the same time. Excellent skills as a collaborator and colleague capable of handling self-directed, independent managerial responsibilities are essential. A high comfort level with Microsoft Office suite, online communications, and general “tech savviness” are important, although extensive technical expertise is not required. Experience with the Tessitura data management program is a plus. Some travel and evenings and weekends will be required.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter (MS Word, PDF or plain text format only) with “Education Programs Manager” in the subject line to Director, Human Resources at: [email protected]. Due to the large number of applicants we have for all positions at MTC, we cannot accept calls to inquire about the position. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
About MTC: Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), is a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals. Founded in 1970, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by contemporary American and international playwrights. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off-Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
Manhattan Theatre Club is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.